- Client Gas pipeline management company
- Project Monitoring of sea traffic in the gas pipeline area with the VAMP (Vessel Alert Monitoring Platform) key solution
- Key Solution VAMP
- Category Energy, Utilities and TLC, Italy
Development of an Automatic Identification System (AIS) to monitor surface sea traffic above the pipeline in the Strait of Messina (Sicily), in order to guarantee infrastructure security.
The client is the joint venture set up by a multinational company in energy sector and the Algerian company Sonatrach to manage the section of the pipeline that crosses the Sicily Channel. GeneGIS GI holds the contract for client shipping traffic monitoring (link to ENI PUNTO NAVE fact sheet)]. Client needed to monitor sea traffic in the Strait of Messina in the vicinity of the pipeline, in order to avoid problematic events (such as anchoring) that could damage the infrastructure.
The key solution developed by GeneGIS GI, VAMP (Vessel Alert Monitoring Platform) proved to be an excellent solution. Based on the client’s requirements, the VAMP solution was fully customised to meet specific security needs.
VAMP enables management of the following operational phases.
- RISK AREA MONITORING: identification of ships in transit in the monitoring area, data processing and transmission to the 3Ter Advanced GIS platform for visualisation on the map.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION OF THE ALERT NOTIFICATION: identification of potentially dangerous ships to be sent the alert notification. Selection is based on a series of parameters such as vessel type, measured speed, etc.
- CONTROL AND ANALYSIS: continuous monitoring of the position of a potentially critical ship, report creation (e.g., over a specific period of time), display of the list of ships that crossed the monitored area, data filtering based on specific characteristics (e.g., vessels that exceed a given tonnage).
GeneGIS GI provided the client with the benefit of its expertise in the development of monitoring solutions and the specific knowhow acquired through exclusive collaboration.