- Client Alto Calore Servizi
- Project Creation of the functional technical archive
- Category Energy, Utilities and TLC, Italy
The Alto Calore Servizi S.p.A. company runs the drinking water collection, adduction and distribution service for 125 municipalities in the Italian provinces of Avellino and Benevento. It also manages the sewerage and waste water treatment service for a population of approximately 450,000 inhabitants (about 213,500 users).
The project objective is to create a functional technical archive for the water network, through a GIS system enabling:
- the positioning of the external adduction system in a geo-referenced system;
- the positioning of the internal distribution network in a geo-referenced system;
- the creation of a digital system to manage maintenance of the adduction network.
GeneGIS GI met the client to collect printed network map material, which it then digitalised. After this initial phase, together with the client the distinguishing features of the project and the system database were identified.
At every stage, GeneGIS GI maintained constant contacts with the client to provide updates on work in progress, discuss problems and identify variations during operations.
The archive created by GeneGIS contains the digitalised version of the hard-copy maps, together with supplementary land surveys. These additions, produced with topographical tools, were used to “re-plot” pipeline sections that had changed with respect to the original route shown on the maps.
The functional technical archive created by GeneGIS GI also includes the production of the GIS system for network maintenance management. The GIS contains:
- construction design data;
- the technical characteristics of the individual elements of the network;
- maintenance operations carried out.
Through its topographical expertise, flanked by its GIS system knowhow, GeneGIS GI was able to satisfy in full the client’s need to map and manage its water network.