- Client Project financed under the Lombardy Region ERDF programme
- Project MoSoRe@Unibs - Infrastructures and services for a sustainable and resilient mobility
- Key Solution No
- Category Italia, Italy, Logistic and transport, Logistica e trasporti, R&D, R&D
MoSoRe@Unibs is divided into 6 coordinated actions to investigate the resilience of mobility systems and infrastructures, proposing solutions related to road infrastructures and electric vehicle charging infrastructures. It will be experimented how through ICT platforms it is possible to have: safer road infrastructures by exploiting innovative infrastructure monitoring sensors and tools to increase the efficiency of the bodies in charge of traffic management (even in emergency situations), collaborative and efficient charging infrastructures at the service of users who can choose optimized routes based on their needs (reduction of travel times, recharge needs, therapeutic or tourist purposes).
GeneGIS GI takes part in the hub project for the mobility of the Lombardy Region funded under the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 programme, as a technological partner of the coordinating body of the University of Brescia (UNIBS) with the role of designing and developing information solutions for part to public administration and use by the private user. It is planned to implement processes for the monitoring of infrastructures following surveys (laser scanner and aerial photogrammetric flight) and a platform that provides the user with information that favors sustainable mobility, for example by encouraging the use of bicycles, increasing tourism and providing specific services to the fragile user.
GeneGIS GI contributes to the MoSoRe project through six areas of intervention:
- Design and implementation of a simulation platform for emergencies related to floods and creation of a GIS system for the display of Origin-Destination movements
- Monitoring of the restructuring interventions through a dashboard that incorporates the data of the sensors installed on the infrastructure which is combined with the survey activity in the field using laser scanner tools (pre and post restructuring of the infrastructure)
- Development of an App to calculate the best available route to reach a destination (possibly suggesting the nearest charging station) based on the results of a questionnaire that assesses the range of anxiety and the driving style of the user using the electric car
- Development of the “Paths of Knowledge” App for viewing tourist itineraries accompanied by monographic cards created by UNIBS and enriched with spherical photos resulting from a GeneGIS survey campaign that will provide an immersive experience of points of tourist interest
- Development of an App for cycling routes (e-bike, handbike and muscle bike) where muscular effort is assessed with a view to preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Design and implementation of an information platform relating to weather forecasts and pollutants
GeneGIS GI is experimenting with the use of Pangea Professional, the platform for the management and display of different types of data with functions aimed at environmental and infrastructural monitoring plans, digital project files, in the context of monitoring the renovation of road infrastructures. and digital archives useful for monitoring preliminary and executive planning activities.
The three-dimensional surveys carried out by laser scanner of the bridges of Bassano Bresciano and Manerbio offer the possibility of taking a snapshot of the current state of the bridges at the time of the survey. The comparison of point clouds coming from surveys made at different time instants but in identical geographical points, offers the immediate possibility of monitoring, for example, the state of wear of the bridge and assessing the structural and environmental changes that have occurred over time.
On the three-dimensional model, through Pangea Professional, it will also be possible to locate each sensor installed and enrich the model with photographic information and technical data sheets. This analytical approach to infrastructures had never been used by GeneGIS GI and can be re-proposed to the managers of the road networks as well as to the companies that deal with infrastructure restructuring.
In addition to the relevant part, monitoring and processing procedures for the data coming from the installed sensors (Tiltometers, Accelerometers, Strain gauges, Thermo-hygrometer), Smart EYE and WIM (weight in motion) on the Bassano Bresciano bridge alone have been developed. The triangulation, based on the timestmp, of sensor classes that record integrable quantities, will lead to an optimization of the analysis of the infrastructure behavior according to the stresses to which it is subjected.
The dashboard set up to receive the measurements of the sensor network, and the subsequent processing of the data can be used in any infrastructure monitoring project.