- Client University of Turin
- Project Space and asset inventory for the University of Turin, based on the OpenSIPI key solution
- Key Solution OpenSIPI
- Category Italy, PA, Environment and Territory
The project objective was to equip Turin University with an up-to-date IT system to expand and consolidate knowledge about its real estate assets and develop a management methodology.
GeneGIS GI met the client’s request for a significant upgrade to its previous system, which had become obsolete.
OpenSIPI is the GeneGIS GI solution for centralised management of spaces (capital properties and properties with furnishings and equipment) and related technical documentation.
The main characteristics of the solution are:
- use of open-source technologies and support for the AutoCAD DWG format
- fully web-based
- consultation of layouts and display of properties on online maps
- reports, themes and printouts
The OpenSIPI solution enables complete, flexible management.
- Integrated document management
- Historical data management (graphical and alphanumeric)
- GIS functionalities
- System updating
It also provides:
- savings on maintenance of proprietary products
- simplification and savings on IT management
- ease of use
- modularity and scalability