- Client Various government agencies
- Project “SIT web”, the WebGis portal for the State Administration
- Key Solution no
- Category Italy, PA, Environment and Territory
To create a WebGis portal to share basic maps and restrictions on municipal territory. Through the portal, to enable automatic online production of an urban use certificate.
The project was developed jointly with a test group of initial clients. Each client had their own particular needs, which were analysed and then harmonised to create a “list of priorities”. This process led to the development of the “SIT web” solution, which, after the test phase, has been proposed and successfully adopted by a significant number of Italian municipal authorities. The solution is not a “closed package”, it can be fully customised to meet the requirements of the individual client.
The portal functions include:
- selection of different maps to be displayed in superimposition;
- search for land register elements (sub-sections and buildings);
- identification of all restrictions in a particular area;
- immediate and easy printing.
The GeneGIS GI product provides all government offices with immediately accessible information, which previously was difficult to extract and consult.
Management based on specific credentials allows creation of user access hierarchies, with a specific level of authorisation assigned to each portal user, and a global view for system administrators.
With “SIT Web”, both private individuals and technical specialists can directly display information about their local territory.