- Client Various clients in “Telecommunications”
- Project TLC network transcoding services into SINFI format
- Key Solution no
- Category Energy, Utilities and TLC, Italy
GeneGIS GI has supplied a number of internet service providers and wireless internet service providers with a transcoding service for TLC network map data, which standardises and validates the data for conversion into the SINFI format (federated national infrastructure IT system), as required by the Ministry for Economic Development.
The SINFI system, the so-called “Infrastructure Register”, was created in 2016 by the Ministry for Economic Development, to collect all information on Italian infrastructure, above and below ground. Thanks to SINFI, the development of ultra broadband networks will proceed more rapidly and fibre laying cost savings will be achieved.
The development of GeneGIS GI services with the various operators involved:
- signature of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA):
- analysis of linear and/or spot network data;
- technical-economic offer with rapid delivery date;
- supply of XLS+DWG or XLS templates with instructions;
- preparation of input data (user or GeneGIS GI s);
- transcoding and processing of the SINFI toolkit.
- pre-validation with VM SINFI of the Ministry for Economic Development;
- dataset delivery in accordance with content specifications.
The solution, developed specifically by GeneGIS GI, makes full use of ETL technology (Extract, Transform, Load), employing FME software to extract data from any source, process, migrate and pre-validate it and make it available for delivery.
FME by Safe Software is a platform for transformation of geospatial data, enabling integration of data from hundreds of different sources and efficient automation of industrial processes.
GeneGIS GI is Safe Software’s only authorized value-added reseller and solution provider in Italy and its workforce includes personnel certified by Safe Software (FME Certified Professional, FME Certified Trainer).
GeneGIS GI is an approved Infratel Italia S.p.A. supplier and therefore authorised to perform “transcoding services to the SINFI format”, implementing the latest version of the content specifications and the validation guidelines for all types of network above and below ground.
The services offered cover automation of massive and/or incremental migration, transcoding and validation procedures for georeferenced network data, starting from any format or input data model: hard copy, PDF, XLS, CSV, KML, DWG, DXF, DGN, SHP, ESRI Geodatabase, Intergaph G/Technology Fiber Optic Works, Intergraph GeoMedia Access Warehouse, Smallworld …