- Client Avellino Provincial Tourist Board
- Project InCAMPANIA, the tourism portal of the Campania Region (Italy)
- Key Solution no
- Category Italy, PA, Environment and Territory
To implement a web platform dedicated to the innovative itineraries of Campania’s nature and religious sites
In 2016 the Campania Regional Authority approved the “Slow Campania” project.
The project consists of the following main “Activity areas”:
- Area 1: Creation of multimedia information services for cycling and hiking;
- Area 2: Requalification and innovation of the offer;
- Area 3: Integrated promotion, with use of new technologies.
The Avellino Provincial Tourist Board (EPT, Ente Provinciale per il Turismo) was assigned as the body to be responsible for implementing the “Slow Campania” project promoted by the Campania Regional Authority and funded by the Ministry for Culture and the Environment.
The GeneGIS GI project, developed through a Temporary Group of Companies, was awarded the contract put out to tender by the Avellino EPT for the second activity area, relating to development of a web platform dedicated to the innovative itineraries of the Region’s nature and religious sites. The strategic goal is to promote “slow tourism” by creating itineraries involving the region’s main religious sites. The platform will be accessible at the following address www.incampania.com
GeneGIS GI provided the following services:
- mapping of religious sites, places of interest and existing hospitality available on the nature and cycle routes indicated in the tender documents;
- development, hosting and systems support for a web platform, which can also be accessed from mobile devices;
- development of a mobile app (iOS and Android) to complete the platform;
- design and production of printed illustrative and promotional material and supply of totems.
As leader of the Temporary Group of Companies, GeneGIS GI took charge of the activities as per point a) and b), managed and coordinated the entire project and maintained on-going relations with the contracting authority and with the Multimedia Information Office of the Campania Region.
The Campania Region now has an integrated platform to divulge information about its immense artistic and religious heritage. The platform, which supports the latest apps to enable easy viewing from mobile devices, is an extremely useful tool to promote the region’s tourist itineraries and its artistic and religious heritage.