- Client SNAM
- Project NETGIS
- Key Solution no
- Category Energy, Utilities and TLC, Italy
To equip the client with a system to monitor the status of the entire network with a single web-based application, and manage user information.
Snam is the leading European player in the construction and integrated management of natural gas infrastructure.
NETGIS responds to the client’s need for a web application to map and consult information on the network and plant.
The system is composed of two modules. The first module, a map-based system, enables display of the national network, while the second supports schematic consultation. A series of functions are common to both modules:
• display of the attributes of the cartographic elements simply by clicking directly on the map;
• printing in a variety of formats;
• a function for downloading “centre diagrams” and “cathodic protection diagrams” in pdf format;
• a search function with final positioning on the map or on the centre diagram.
The NetGIS web system enables the display and distribution of information on network plant from the SNAM database (SIGAS) to all users. It can be used for searches on the entire network, to obtain territorial and plant information.