- Client e-via S.p.A. – Retelit Group
- Project Geospatial Resource Management System
- Key Solution no
- Category Energy, Utilities and TLC, Italy
To provide the client, one of the largest Italian providers of data services and infrastructure for the telecommunications market, with support for network status management operations. The company has its own fibre optic network covering almost 10,000 kilometres and linking 9 metropolitan networks and 15 data centres across Italy.
GeneGIS GI has developed a network status management system that monitors and manages highly complex information flows, and enables extraction of alphanumeric information (attributes) and reconstruction of logical fibre connections from CAD files.
The main characteristics of the project are:
- a single Oracle working database;
- run-time consultation of data on the whole network (10 simultaneous plotters, 5 web viewers);
- highlighting and immediate tracing of rings;
- integration of external data sources (OpenStreetMap, ISTAT, raster images);
- integration of Google and Street View geolocalisation services.
GeneGIS GI has provided a complete management system enabling all key network information to be stored in a single database. The system supports real-time data consultation and ring tracing.