- Client A leading distributor to the Foodservice sector
- Project Logistics and Fleet management
- Key Solution roots
- Category Italy, Logistic and transport
To provide the client with a management system to:
- verify the progress of planned journeys;
- display deliveries made and track vehicle position;
- check service quality in terms of delivery punctuality and compliance with delivery sequences;
- check stopover times at customer sites;
- monitor temperatures inside refrigerated vehicles through the Cold Chain
With more than 40,000 commercial catering customers, the client is Italy’s leading distributor to the foodservice sector.
GeneGIS GI met the client’s main requirement: to guarantee the efficiency and safety of its delivery network.
The tool chosen to satisfy the client’s needs is roots, the application for management of complex and varied logistic scenarios (procurement, product distribution) and of the territorial workforce (operators, maintenance teams, sales people), in the presence of one or more warehouses and a heterogeneous vehicle fleet.
roots is a map-based web system that supports workers in the transport and logistics office.
The system manages the various stages in the delivery process:
- Journey check during execution
- Activities at client site
- Job completion: key performance indicators and reporting with a high level of precision and analysis
The system also offers an optional “Cold Chain” module, to check temperatures inside containers.
The system is cloud-enabled for access from any workstation and distribution of information to those involved. The cloud features also simplify interaction with external systems and information providers.
The system is open to integration with diverse localisation solutions to encourage re-use of systems already used by transporter service providers.