- Client 11 Caribbean islands involved in the United Nations Development Program
- Project Hazard Mapping & Vulnerability Assessment GeoPortal
- Key Solution no
- Category PA, Environment and Territory
To provide the risk management offices of the governments of 11 Caribbean islands with a GIS-based geoportal designed to guarantee:
• information standardisation, organisation, aggregation and cataloguing;
• sharing, circulation and immediate access to information;
• comparison of the current situation with previous events (rapid retrieval of historic data).
GeneGIS GI developed a geoportal to provide the offices with decision-making support for environmental risk prevention.
The geoportal is an integrated web-based system, to which all the offices and departments of the 11 islands (and neighbouring islands) have access. The system combines, catalogues, manages and cross-references information correlated to the prevention, management and mitigation of natural events (spatial data, risk scenarios, documents, maps, studies, analyses, evacuation plans, shelter localisation, etc.).
To provide decision makers with a complete governance system for integrated mapping and management in a single IT environment of environmental-risk related information that would otherwise be highly complex and fragmented.