- Client Regione Autonoma Valle d’Aosta
- Project Hydrogeological study of the Mont de La Saxe landslide
- Key Solution no
- Category Italy, PA, Environment and Territory
Hydrogeological study of the Ferret Valley basin (Aosta), analysis of temperature and rainfall data and topographical monitoring with terrestrial laser scanner technology to ensure the safety of the landslide.
The interdisciplinary approach offered by GeneGIS GI, which combines remote sensing techniques with direct and indirect field surveys, enabled development of a complete database, for thorough characterisation of the phenomena under investigation.
The following main services were supplied:
Hydrogeological study: the report presents the preliminary geological and hydrogeological model, from which the activities for ensuring the safety of the landslide were then planned, with the focus on the following points:
- reconstruction of the lithostratigraphical links among the geological formations affected by the safety works and definition of the preliminary geotechnical characteristics of the materials;
- reconstruction of the hydrogeological structure of the subsoil of the Ferret Valley basin.
The project produced the following graphical material:
- geological-geomorphological map;
- geochemical characterisation of watercourses;
- identification of underground flow paths;
- geological profile
- geognostic survey map.
Terrestrial Laser Scanner Monitoring: creation of DTM, DSM, differentiated analysis of handled volumes and feature-tracking techniques for geographical and other applications of the Regione Autonoma Valle d’Aosta.
Harmonisation of the monitoring data with existing data made information fully interoperable for full management of regional applications in the GIS environment. In this way, the operators are guaranteed thorough knowledge of the IT architecture of the Regional Geological Service.